Diesel exhaust fumes are ‘major cancer risk’ and as deadly as asbestos and mustard gas, says World Health Organisation
- Diesel exhaust found to cause lung cancer and associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer
- WHO says the fumes belong in same category as mustard gas and asbestos
- Risks are on a level with passive smoking.
I’m amazed it’s taken this long for this to be confirmed.
Is it even worth asking what will they do about this…….
Not a lot I guess…..
WHO puts diesel fumes in the same risk category as noxious substances such as asbestos, arsenic, mustard gas, alcohol and tobacco.
Diesel cars are popular in western Europe, where tax advantages have encouraged technological advances and a boom in demand.
Outside of Europe and India, diesel engines are almost entirely confined to commercial vehicles.
- Diesel fumes ‘can cause lung cancer’ (todayonline.com)
- Diesel exhaust fumes can cause cancer, WHO says (firstpost.com)
- WHO Says Diesel Exhaust Causes Lung Cancer (shoppingblog.com)
- Diesel fumes deemed as cancerous as asbestos and passive smoking (scotsman.com)
- Diesel fumes cause cancer, says WHO (express.co.uk)
- Diesel exhaust fumes cause cancer, WHO says (reuters.com)
- Diesel fumes cause cancer – WHO (bbc.co.uk)